Saturday, October 3, 2015

Critism (A Self Reflection)

What is criticism? How do you give your definition for criticism? Do you think it is important to be criticism?

For me, criticism is the thing that makes you be careful of
something that comes to you, whether  it is an idea, an information, or anything else. It makes me don’t accept something for instance. There are ways to use this criticism, to give a feedback for further development, or to offense someone with him/her wrong or weakness. But I think it depends on those who get the critics.

Then, how about criticism to ourselves? How do we criticize the things we have, we do, and we believe in?

I have ever asked myself about my existence in this world, whether my purpose to be here is only to pray and raise Allah, or I am given other purposes beside that.  If someone just become a worshiper for his/her God, so why do they get into university? What is the purpose for other activities? This will take a long period to answer this question, and different person has different answer.

That’s the most basic criticism to ourselves. Now let’s ask ourselves about little things we have, about a hobby, why do I like dancing? Does it give me benefits? Or why should I do my dancing hobby even though my major in university is geophysics?
That’s a little question I give to myself, because I have to know myself. If I just make dancing as a hobby, it just stays there, but if it goes to be my passion, I will do my best to master it, and I’ll be an icon for it. The same question about my major also goes to me. Why should I enter Geophysics major in University of Indonesia? Why didn’t I choose other majors or other universities? Or is it my destiny?

I choose it as my first choice in SIMAK UI (University of Indonesia’s Entrance Test), then I must have a strong reason for it, for choosing geophysics. I think by choosing geophysics, my future career will be wider, I could work in petroleum and gas company, or I could work in BMKG(Indonesia State Organization for Meteorology, Climatology, and Geophysics). Besides, I like to work outdoor, then I choose this. It’s not only my destiny, but I have my purposes to be here.

Novrizal_Geophysics_1506740830

No comments:

Post a Comment